Monday, August 29, 2011

Dear Summer: Thanks for the memories!






Really the purpose of this post is to showcase some photos taken by our relative. With summer coming to a close, I have a bit of a heavy heart. Not only do I have to go back to work and leave my kiddos, but it means a change of routine. This summer I have probably spent more time in the garden than in the house, or on the road running. Bradley has a real passion for gardening and I am sheepishly ready to admit that perhaps I may have caught the bug. It wasn't until I saw her pictures and got rather weepy eyed that I realized how much I may have a passion for all of this too. As an individual I can get too caught up in the "process" of life, to sit back and look into what I have accomplished. As I look at these photos I have a sense of pride not only in the fruits of our labor, but in the life that Bradley and I have created for our family. Our kids are happy and healthy, our garden is abundant, and our lives are blessed. As another summer vacation closes and a new school year begins, for the first time in my life I think I am a little reluctant to welcome in fall, but rather surprised at my newfound passion for summer.

On a sidenote, in addition to our six family CSA, selling at the local Farmers' Market, and selling to local restaurants, we also have our own stand at Ray's Food Place in Fort Jones. "Fresh. Local. Sustainably Grown."

No comments:

Post a Comment