Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Schoooool's OUT FOR Summah!

Can you interpret my signing antics in the title?  I am a bit excited to nestle into home life with my two beautiful (read busy, busy, busy) boys, for the summer.  Although I LOVE my job, anyone who taught 50 weeks out of a year, AND was a mom, AND had a small side business, AND just lost their dad, may have to be institutionalized.

We started off of our summer by planting 2,500 pumpkin plants in the pumpkin patch.  Last year went really well, and we're hoping for another successful season.  As usual, Carter was a super helper and insisted on wearing gloves and kneepads like all of our other helpers.  Instead of taking over nine hours this year, we hired a few people, and had a few more volunteer and narrowed the time down to only four hours.  This year we have 20 varieties of pumpkins, even some pink colored ones!  Last year dad was a HUGE help on planting day and it was hard not to think of him during our horticultural efforts.

The boys and I also have been enjoying the nice play area that dad built for them every day too.  As I look around our home, it's hard not be reminded of his presence very often.  Carter randomly speaks of him every day too.  It always ends with, "But I just don't want my Biyah to go to heaven!".  He often asks questions that make me think (I am not crazy here) that he sees Biyah or he senses more than we do.  Today he asked who the lady is with Biyah in Heaven.  I told him that it's probably dad's mom.  He also told me today out of the blue that dad is holding Baby Paul in Heaven.  It's a hard thing to answer those questions, but it also brings comfort in knowing that Carter won't forget him.

This summer we have our garden to tend to, the Farmers' Markets to sell at, and our local stores who we will stock up with fresh, sustainably grown produce.  We also intend on doing some swim lessons, music lesson, library days, and play dates.  With nothing else left to say, I will end with a few pictures to start off summer!

1 comment:

  1. Carter's comments about his grandpa don't surprise me. As close as he was to his Biyah it isn't too hard to believe that he is somehow communicating with him. It sure was fun seeing the boys the other day at school. I wish I hadn't had a cold so I could get in and play with them. They are absolutely the cutest little boys ever! Thank you so much for giving Emily such a great experience in 4th grade. She sure loved having you for her teacher.

    ReplyDelete