Sunday, January 8, 2012

I love you Dad!






It's a typical Sunday afternoon in the Isbell Home: drying running non-stop, one kid napping, husband working on projects, me paying bills, all normal except that Mama Isbell is sitting with tears that won't stop flowing.

We have watched concerned as my dad's health has remained unsteady over the last year. He has had a lot of GI issues and has gone to a homeopathic doctor for several months. Recently his weight loss has been severe, he has turned yellow, and does not look like the vibrant soul he usually is. Super-concerned we all convinced him to have some bloodwork and an ultrasound done. The ultra sound found several lesions both on his liver and his gallbladder. My dad does not wish to further investigate and pinpoint the exact diagnosis of these lesions with either an MRI or a biopsy. He and my mom have decided to turn to the Ann Wigmore institute to try to holistically cleanse his system and help his body heal itself.

Although I would not choose this method of treatment for myself I have chosen to abide by his wishes, by remaining positive and supporting him. Truth is, my dad and I have not had the most wonderful relationship over the course of my life until the birth of Carter. Since Carter has been in our lives my dad and I are closer than ever and instead of feeling embarassed or mad at him, I feel more than anything that I need him by my side forever.

My parents are leaving this Friday and won't be back until the first week of February. I am so scared that something is going to happen to him while he is gone, but I just keep reminding myself of his wishes and put my faith into the higher workings of God and the universe. I just want to see him back to his old self, for me, for my family, but mostly for my boys. If you read this blog please take a moment to send out some positive vibes, prayers, whatever you choose.

I love you Dad!

1 comment: