Saturday, March 10, 2012

Update


Yesterday dad slept all day and only really ate at dinner. He did not make his usual trip into town, and instead of watching TV and sleeping, he just slept in his bed.

Last night his two uncles came to town. He is usually overjoyed to see these two men, but seems less than interested. Today my boys and I joined my parents, sister, and two great-uncles for breakfast. Dad ate, but did not join the conversation. He was also confused a few times, this is something my mom notices a lot now.

After breakfast, the whole crew stopped back by our house and my dad stayed in the truck. He is very slow, and the ascites continues to be his biggest problem. He prefers to keep my mom by his side and likes it best when the two of them are alone. That being said, he is very easily angered, and lets out all of his frustrations (which are unwarranted) on her.

Last night Miles was covered in his dinner and I decided to bathe him in our sink. Feeling left out, Carter joined the party too. I know some day I will look back on this picture and not believe that they both fit in the sink so I had to document it.

A true blessing this week was all of the food that others prepared for us so that we wouldn't have to worry about meals with all of the family that has come and gone.

Love to you all, we are all strong together and have had our arguments, but we are just trying to enjoy as much time as we can with dad now because we all know that there is not much left.

No comments:

Post a Comment