Monday, April 9, 2012

Good News!

Tonight dad agreed to allow hospice to come give care. This is a HUGE hurdle for all of us because dad is still verbally denying that he is dying. A close friend came to see dad today and told him that morphine could really help make him more comfortable, thus allowing him to sleep, and continue to heal. Dad said that he wouldn't object to that and after another conversation with my mom, he agreed to allow hospice to come. My mom called tonight, and will speak with someone tomorrow at 8am and we'll go from there.

I literally went to hell and back twice today to get him some pain medication and am SOOO happy that he is willing to let hospice in and let the palliative care begin. I hope this will bring a lot of weight off of my mom.

It is a bittersweet bit of news, but we are all so grateful. I hope tomorrow goes well. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment